In episode 6 of the Joy Superpowers podcast, I’m talking with Nick Elston about the Joy Superpower of Overcoming Anxiety. Nick is one of the highest-profile and leading Inspirational Speakers on the Lived Experience of Mental Health. Nick is also a Transformational Speaking Coach and Mentor, specializing in Unique Mental Health Engagement. Nick shares his experiences of Mental Illness through his powerful, inspiring, engaging & emotional talks, and most importantly, provides insights, tools, tips and techniques on how to manage Anxiety in Life, in Business.
During my chat with Nick, we cover topics such as:
- Nick´s definition of what anxiety is and what it does based on his own experience
- How anxiety keeps us in a comfort zone and how to step out of it
- General symptoms each one of us can easily spot
- Strategies and tips on improving mental health
- How struggling with confidence and self-esteem has to do with a narrative that we create in our own minds that can alter our sense of belonging
- How to express more vulnerability
- Nick´s famous line “Every storm runs out of rain” : what does it state for?
To learn more about our conversation with Nick as well as to get some extra insight related to the Joy Superpower of Overcoming Anxiety, please check out our blog here. For more information about Nick’s work, please visit his website or LinkedIn profile.
About the podcast:
The Art and Science of Joy Podcast is all about inspiring people to live more joyfully, so if you’re seeking a bit more joy in your own life or seeking to bring some more joy to the lives of others then this podcast could well be for you! In our second podcast series, Joy Superpowers, we’ll be going through one superpower per week that you can use to live a more joy-filled life.
In each episode, I’ll be inviting an expert on a particular Joy Superpower to share their words of wisdom, as we take a look at the science behind the superpower and explore how you can apply the superpower in your own life.
Connect with us on Facebook or Instagram at @theartandscienceofjoy as we continue to explore the Joy Superpowers and join the conversation. We’d love to hear your thoughts with the hashtag #joysuperpowers
Don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast!