Who we are
Introduction and General Terms
In this policy “We”, “Us” and “Our” means Valo Foresight Services Oy, incorporated and registered in Espoo, Finland.
Our website address is: https://valoforesight.com.
This privacy statement covers the Valo Foresight Services Oy websites, which include www.valoforesight.com and www.theartandscienceofjoy.com, and also covers Our use of personal information collected via other means such as email or in person.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains how We collect and use the personal information you give Us. Please read this policy carefully. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to this policy please email andrew AT valoforesight.com.
Information We collect
We collect personal information from you for example through the online contact forms. The specific personal information that We collect will vary depending on how you interact with Us and the services you use. The personal information We collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your image or voice
- Your demographic data, for example your gender, age, location
- Your contact information, for example your work or home address, your email address, your phone number
- Your payment data, for example credit card numbers and associated information
- Comments you make
- Data on how you use Our website
Sometimes We will need to ask for additional personal information, in which case We will inform you about the need for and use of the information.
How We use the information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to supply you with / give you access to the products and services you have requested
- to analyse the information to improve Our services
- to analyse the information to administer and develop Our business
- to ask for your feedback
- for all other purposes necessary to carry out Our activities in accordance with Our objectives and for administrative purposes.
We may also email you information that We think you might be interested in. If you do not want Us to send you such information updates like this, please contact Us at andrew AT valoforesight.com.
The legal bases We have for processing your personal information
The GDPR requires Us to rely on one or more lawful bases to use your personal information. We consider the bases listed below to be relevant:
- Where you have provided your consent for Us to use your personal information in a certain way (for example, We will ask for your consent to send you marketing material by email, and We may ask for your explicit consent to collect special categories of your personal information).
- Where necessary so that We can comply with a legal obligation to which We are subject (for example, where We are obliged to share your personal information with regulatory bodies which govern Our work and services).
- Where necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract (for example, to allow you to participate in an event for which you have registered).
- Where there is a legitimate interest in Us doing so if it is reasonably necessary to achieve Our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as that processing is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights).
“Legitimate Interests” means Our interests in conducting and managing Our business. For example, We have an interest in making sure Our marketing is relevant for Our customers, so We may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests. We also have an interest in processing your information, to undertake research for ourselves or on behalf of third parties, in order to inform Our knowledge base. Our interests also allow Us to communicate with you to ensure that you are update with issues relating to our business.
It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, We may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on Our website, and to ensure Our websites and systems are secure.
When We process your personal information for Our legitimate interests, We make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection legislation. Our legitimate interests do not automatically override your interests – We will not use your personal information for activities where Our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless We have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
If you have any concerns about Our processing, you have the right to object to processing that is based on Our legitimate interests. For more information on your rights, please see the section on “Your Rights” below.
Will We share your information?
We may use selected agents to process your information on Our behalf, such as software providers to host Our website. Such third parties will be authorised to see and use your information but only to fulfill their contractual obligations to Us and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose. We retain full responsibility for how your personal information may be used by such agents.
In exceptional circumstances We may share your information when We are legally required to do so.
When requested by you, We may pass on your personal information to third parties who may send you details of goods and services that may be of interest to you. For example, if you explicitly consent to having your information shared with our partners or sponsors. This consent is given by ticking the box on the relevant registration form to opt in for such contact. If at any time you would prefer not to receive this information, please contact Us at andrew AT valoforesight.com..
Protection of your information
We place great importance on the security of your personal information and We always try to take appropriate precautions to protect it. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help Us protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example when We transmit highly confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, We protect it through the use of encryption.
Despite all of Our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst We strive to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of any information which you send to Us and you must understand that you do so at your own risk.
How long We hold your information
The length of time We hold your personal information may vary depending upon the type of information and its use. We will hold your personal information on Our systems only for as long as necessary to provide the services and/or products that you have requested, or for such other essential purposes necessary to run Our operations.
Our standard retention period is two years. If We decide to retain any data for more than two years we will inform you. If you have any questions about Our data retention policy, please contact Us at andrew AT valoforesight.com.
Where do We store and process your information
We generally store and process your information within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where We need to transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area We only do so to countries which have been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection/or where We transfer personal information to countries that have not been determined to have an adequate level of protection We do so using a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections.
What are your rights?
You have specific rights connected to provision of your personal information to Us. These include your rights to request that We:
- confirm to you what personal information We may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes
- change the consent which you have provided to Us in relation to your personal information
- correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information which We may hold about you
- provide you with a complete copy of your personal information for you to move elsewhere where you have provided this information by consent or by a contract with Us
- stop the processing of your personal information, whilst an objection from you is being resolved
- permanently erase all your personal information promptly, and confirm to you that this has been done(there may be reasons why We may be unable to do this)
- stop the processing of your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing
You also have the right to
- withdraw consent that you have provided to Us to process your personal information, at any time
- object to profiling or to any decisions being taken by Us by automated means
If you have a concern about the way We are collecting or using your personal data, if We do not address your request, or fail to provide you with a valid reason why We have been unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Data Protection Authority in your country.
How to access your information and contact Us
You have the right to access any personal information that you have submitted to Us by sending an email to andrew AT valoforesight.com. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions on what you would like Us to do.
If you require Us to supply you with details of the personal information that We hold about you, then We will provide this information free of charge and We will provide this information to you within 30 days of your request unless the request is complex or is numerous requests. If this is the case We will inform you within 30 days of your request about the reason for the extension of time. If your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive We will either charge a reasonable fee or provide an explanation for Our refusal to respond.
If your personal details change, please help Us to keep your information up to date by notifying Us at the email address at the beginning of this policy.
We may revise or update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in Our activities or for other purposes. If We do so, We will post notice of the change on Our website. Please revisit this policy each time you consider giving personal information.
Cookies and Log Files
When someone visits Our website We collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our sites. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting Our website.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of Our website.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help Us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. The cookies used are:
• Name:_utma Typical content: randomly generated number Expires: 2 years
• Name:_utmb Typical content: randomly generated number Expires: 30 minutes
• Name:_utmc Typical content: randomly generated number Expires: when user exits browser
• Name:_utmz Typical content: randomly generated number + information on how the site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search) Expires: 6 months
For more information about Google Analytics visit http://www.google.com/analytics/
Removing and disabling cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This website includes links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of other websites to which We link. The inclusion of a link should not be taken as an endorsement of the site. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and We have no control over the availability of linked sites.